Student Leadership University has been privileged to host Youth Pastor Summit (YPS) for youth pastors and their teams for the past 24 years. Youth Pastor Summit, valued at $300, is provided as a gift to youth pastors, youth workers, youth volunteers, and educators as encouragement and investment in those who are making a lasting impact in the lives of students.
Join us as thousands of youth pastors gather virtually for incredible worship, plenary and topical sessions, and tons of free resources. It is our privilege to host YPS West Coast in partnership with Lifeway Students.
Together WE: Youth Pastor Summit 2021
A Leader’s Truth: Great leaders commit to being life-long learners. Effective leadership requires an individual to be intentional about developing a wide range of skills, insights, and practices critical in the leader's process of being the best version of themselves so that they, in turn, can be fully equipped to invest in the lives of those they lead. The wisdom of a leader is shown when he/she recognize the value of accountability and community. However, most importantly, the leader’s influence is leveraged when focusing on two ideas: unity and togetherness. In Philippians 1:27-28 (CSB), Paul affirmed this truth when he wrote, “Just one thing: As citizens of heaven, live your life worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or am absent, I will hear about you that you are standing firm in one spirit, in one accord, contending together for the faith of the gospel, 28 not being frightened in any way by your opponents. This is a sign of destruction for them, but of your salvation—and this is from God.” Godly leadership is never meant to be done in a silo. It's intended to be done together!
It’s been said many times before, "We're stronger together than we are apart.” Now more than ever, that statement is so true. Therefore, this year at Youth Pastor Summit 2021, our theme is Together We. Throughout the day, every youth pastor, youth worker, volunteer, and educator will be equipped, encouraged, and reminded of four significant principles as citizens of heaven and as leaders.
- Are Called: Our leading purpose is to live as citizens of heaven. Our vocation is secondary; our citizenship is primary.
- Grow: Our development is essential to our effectiveness. We are called to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus (2 Peter 3:18) and to put what we’ve learned into practice (1 Tim. 4:15).
- Innovate: Great leaders don't just "say it"; they "seize it"! Innovation requires the freedom to dream but a commitment to execute.
- Influence: God has entrusted us with the responsibility to influence students. As members of the same team, our mission, motive, and focus should always be “to stand firm in one spirit, in one accord, contending together for the faith of the gospel” (Philippians 1:27).
Monday, April 19, 2021
(Times in Pacific Standard Time)
Hosted by Brent Crowe
9:45 AM PST - Login & Connect
10:00 AM PST - Morning Session
- Dr. Jay Strack
- Jonathan Denton
- Bethany Barr-Phillips
- Greg Stier
- Ryan Leak
- Kurt Johnston
12:15 PM PST - Lunch/Live Q&A/Giveaway
12:45 PM PST - Afternoon Session 1
- Levi Lusko
- Shane Pruitt
- Drew Worsham
- Eugene Cho
2:30 PM PST- Break/Live Q&A/Give-away
2:45 PM PST - Afternoon Session 2
- Special Opportunity to Connect Learning to Action through Giving Opportunity to Samaritan’s Purse
- Sean McDowell
- Ben Trueblood
- Jonathan Evans
4:30 PM PST - Conference Ends
- Event Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Start Time: 10:00 AM PST/ 1:00 PM EST
- End Time: 4:30 PM PST/ 7:30 PM EST
- Sessions: 14 Sessions with a mix of Worship, Plenary and Topical, PLUS 4 BONUS sessions sent to all attendees!
- Format: We are excited to host this event virtually again this year! This creative and innovative format will combine both traditional plenary sessions and Ted-talk style topical sessions, and attendees will get access to all event sessions! Through a mix of inspiring, equipping, and educational segments, attendees will be encouraged and resourced with practical tips, tools, and approaches on how to effectively do ministry in this season.
Contact an Event Representative
Who should attend YPS?
The Youth Pastor Summit is geared towards all Youth Pastors and Key Youth Leaders (staff or volunteers) and Christian school educators. All attendees must be 18 years or older.
Does my SLU account still work?
If you have attended a YPS event in the past then, Yes! Just click on the registration link above, sign in to your account, with the email address used for past registrations, and follow the steps to complete registration.
If you are having a problem logging into your account please email us here.
How can I register for YPS?
Scroll up to the top of the page and click the "Register Now" button.
There are two options for registration:
Individual Registration: Individual registration is for single attendees, who will need to sign up through his or her own registration account as the system will not allow duplicate email addresses.
Group Registration Option: This will allow you to register members of your team and/or family under one account and pay at one time. All members must have a unique email address. You will need to know each team member’s email address and date of birth (must be 18 at the time of registration) to register them. If a member of your group already has an SLU account with their email address but is currently not a member of your group account online, you will need email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add them.
Note: For YPS Orlando Only - Group registration is capped at 5 people per ministry.
Can I login late?
Yes, if you can’t make it for the whole thing you will be able to log in late. The log-in instructions will be valid for the entire day.
How do I access YPS West Coast on April 20th?
Closer to the event on April 20, you will be emailed login instructions and information on how to watch YPS West Coast online.