A MESSAGE FROM OUR TEAM:
Knowing that COVID is still part of our reality going into this spring, we are designing our spring YPS as LIVE events that are safe, adheres to local guidelines, and allows for social distancing. As always, YPS will continue to provide you and your team with relevant and practical content from some of the most amazing leaders, communicators, and practitioners. Learn more about our program Safe and Clean plans here. We are SO PUMPED to safely gather with you and your teams this spring! Please note, if regional circumstances necessitate a change in format like we did last year, our team will ensure that the training and content will be delivered directly to you!
Student Leadership University has been privileged to host Youth Pastor Summit (YPS) for youth pastors and their teams for the past 24 years. Youth Pastor Summit, valued at $300, is provided as a gift to youth pastors, youth workers, youth volunteers, and educators as encouragement and investment in those who are making a lasting impact in the lives of students.
Join us in Nashville, TN, as hundreds of youth pastors and educators from across the region gather together for incredible worship, main stage sessions, breakout sessions, and tons of free resources. It is our privilege to host YPS Nashville in partnership with Lifeway Students.
Together WE: Youth Pastor Summit 2021
A Leader’s Truth: Great leaders commit to being life-long learners. Effective leadership requires an individual to be intentional about developing a wide range of skills, insights, and practices critical in the leader's process of being the best version of themselves so that they, in turn, can be fully equipped to invest in the lives of those they lead. The wisdom of a leader is shown when he/she recognize the value of accountability and community. However, most importantly, the leader’s influence is leveraged when focusing on two ideas: unity and togetherness. In Philippians 1:27-28 (CSB), Paul affirmed this truth when he wrote, “Just one thing: As citizens of heaven, live your life worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or am absent, I will hear about you that you are standing firm in one spirit, in one accord, contending together for the faith of the gospel, 28 not being frightened in any way by your opponents. This is a sign of destruction for them, but of your salvation—and this is from God.” Godly leadership is never meant to be done in a silo. It's intended to be done together!
It’s been said many times before, "We're stronger together than we are apart.” Now more than ever, that statement is so true. Therefore, this year at Youth Pastor Summit 2021, our theme is Together We. Throughout the day, every youth pastor, youth worker, volunteer, and educator will be equipped, encouraged, and reminded of four significant principles as citizens of heaven and as leaders.
- Are Called: Our leading purpose is to live as citizens of heaven. Our vocation is secondary; our citizenship is primary.
- Grow: Our development is essential to our effectiveness. We are called to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus (2 Peter 3:18) and to put what we’ve learned into practice (1 Tim. 4:15).
- Innovate: Great leaders don't just "say it"; they "seize it"! Innovation requires the freedom to dream but a commitment to execute.
- Influence: God has entrusted us with the responsibility to influence students. As members of the same team, our mission, motive, and focus should always be “to stand firm in one spirit, in one accord, contending together for the faith of the gospel” (Philippians 1:27).
(Times in Central Time Zone)
Hosted by Ryan McDermott
9:10 AM CT - Registration Begins & Doors Open: Bring a Screen Shot or printed copy of your registration to expediate your check-in process
10:00 AM CT - Morning Session
- Dr. Jay Strack
- Jonathan Denton
- Bethany Barr Phillips
- Greg Stier
- Ryan Leak
12:30 PM CT - Lunch
1:00 PM CT - Afternoon Session 1
- Jeff Wallace
- Special Opportunity to Connect Learning to Action through Giving Opportunity to Samaritan’s Purse
- Drew Worsham
- Matt Lawson
2:45 PM CT - Break
3:00 PM CT - Afternoon Session 2
- Sean McDowell
- Ben Trueblood
- Brad Lomenick
4:30 PM CT - Dismissal & Block party outside!
YPS Nashville Format:
- Event Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2021
- Event Times: 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Central Standard Time Zone)
- Sessions: 12 Sessions with a mix of Worship, Plenary and Topical, PLUS BONUS sessions sent to all attendees!
- Format: We are excited to host a LIVE, socially-distanced, in person event! For the first-time ever, attendees will get access to all event sessions, through this creative and innovative format with both traditional plenary sessions and Ted-talk style topical sessions. Through a mix of inspiring, equipping, and educational segments, attendees will get to walk away encouraged and resourced with practical tips, tools, and approaches on how to effectively do ministry in this season. This format not only allows us the opportunity to give attendees access to ALL of our presenters and receive extra content, but also allows us to safely connect with our attendees in a LIVE format.
- Capacity: In an effort to keep this event as a LIVE event, we are intentionally choosing to limit capacity to 300 attendees. Make sure you get your spot today before this event fills.
- 5004 Crossing Circle Mount Juliet, Tennessee 37122
- March 26, 2021. Based on availability.
Contact an Event Representative
Who should attend YPS?
The Youth Pastor Summit is geared towards all Youth Pastors and Key Youth Leaders (staff or volunteers) and Christian school educators. All attendees must be 18 years or older.
Is the event really just $10?
Through the generosity of Lifeway Students and other sponsors, this event is being provided at just a $10 admin fee to all attendees who register in advance, $20 at the door (if the event still has space). Lunch is provided, but you are on your own the rest of your meals as well as lodging if needed.
Please note that the $10 administrative fee has been added to ensure we can effectively manage the continuous growth of YPS. Youth Pastor Summit is still a gift from us to you; however, this administration fee will allow us to continue serving you with excellence as we manage a larger number of registrations.
Also, note that the administrative registration fee for YPS is non-refundable and is due at the time of registration to secure your spot for the event. We are unable to refund this administrative fee if you are unable to attend this event (regardless of the reason for cancellation). If circumstances regionally or globally necessitate a transition to a virtual format, all registrations will be transferred to the virtual event.
Do I have to register in advance for this event?
We strongly recommend that you register early for YPS as some events do fill up within hours or days. Yet, we will keep registration open until we are full. And if there is space available, we do allow walk-ups. The registration fee for advanced registration is $10 and advanced registration closes the Friday before the event at 5 PM for our Spring events. Walk-up registrations are handled onsite and the onsite registration fee is $20. We only accept cash and exact change for Walk-up registrations.
How can I register for YPS?
Scroll up to the top of the page and click the "Register Now" button.
There are two options for registration:
Individual Registration: Individual registration is for single attendees, who will need to sign up through his or her own registration account as the system will not allow duplicate email addresses.
Group Registration Option: This will allow you to register members of your team and/or family under one account and pay at one time. All members must have a unique email address. You will need to know each team member’s email address and date of birth (must be 18 at the time of registration) to register them. If a member of your group already has an SLU account with their email address but is currently not a member of your group account online, you will need email us at email@example.com so we can add them.
Note: For YPS Orlando Only - Group registration is capped at 5 people per ministry.
Can I register my whole group under one account?
This event does allow you to register as a group. Accounts should be set up under your ministry’s primary contact and from there you can add your entire team.
Can my spouse attend?
Of course! We love when couples do ministry together. Make sure you register them so they are guaranteed a spot. Each attendee of YPS must be registered for the event and each attendee must register with their unique email address.
What meals are provided?
Through the generosity of our Event Sponsors, lunch is being provided on the second day.
I have a small child, can they attend with me?
We think families are great, and time together is important. Yet, this event is only for those who are 18 and older and who have graduated high school. We want everyone to have the best experience possible at this event, so please make arrangements to leave your children at home or arrange childcare for outside of the conference.
Can I transfer my ticket to someone else?
New this year, if you are registered as a group, we will do a one-time transfer of any of your participants, without penalty. Transfers are not available on individual registrations. This one-time transfer must occur a minimum of ten business days before the event. To make a transfer on your account, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org from your group leader’s email indicating the individual(s) you are canceling and the name, email, and DOB of the new registration(s). We will only make a transfer(s) on each group registration one time, and once you have made a transfer, your group is then finalized.