Building on the foundation of personal leadership learned at SLU 101, SLU 201 will equip you to lead as a citizen and catalyst for change. Explore the ten foundational components of SLU 201 as you discover your own role in our society’s future.
July 11 - 15, 2022
- National Monuments
- The Holocaust Museum
- Arlington Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- The U.S. Capitol
- The Museum of the Bible
- The National Archives
- Observe and meditate on the cost of freedom & honor through a private wreath-laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery
- Grapple with deep questions about justice in the shadow of the Holocaust
- Learn the power of legacy while exploring our national monuments
- Watch theology and culture intersect in the hall of Congress and faith lived out in the public square
- Understand your responsibility and calling to be a citizen
|Groups:||Singles or Individuals:|
|By Nov. 12:||$999||$1019|
|By Mar. 18:||$1035||$1059|
|By May 20:||$1069||$1089|
Please note that a deposit of $100 is due at the time of registration. Pricing is based on 4 persons per room. Rooms with less than 4 person(s) will be charged a rooming fee of $248 per empty spot.
Travel protection can be purchased for an additional cost based on conference rate directly through Travel Insured through the link on the Travel Protection Page.
Students must stay onsite at the hotel in order to participate.
Crystal City Gateway Marriott
1700 Richmond Highway, Arlington, Virginia 22202
Contact an Event Representative
What are the requirements to attend SLU 201?
All student attendees must have completed the SLU 101 program before attending SLU 201. We also recommend spreading the experiences out and not completing them in the same summer.
What are the age requirements for SLU 201?
What about travel protection for SLU 201?
We strongly recommend that you purchase trip protection as SLU prepays all hotels, meals, transportation, etc., 30 to 120 days before the conference. Therefore, we cannot pass a refund on to you other than as noted on the registration page. Click here for more information on travel protection. Travel protection must be purchased through the portal before the final payment deadline for the trip or before you make the final payment for the trip (whichever date comes first); you cannot add it after this date.
How are students roomed together at SLU 201?
As part of the registration process, you will submit a rooming list no later than 45 days before the conference. If you are attending by yourself, SLU will do our best to place you in a room with other SLU students of the same gender and similar age. Rooms may not be co-ed unless members of the same family. One individual student under 18 cannot be in a room by themselves. SLU will not room a student with an adult over 18 if they are not from the same group. Tuition rates are based on four people sharing a room. If you are unable to fill a room completely and SLU is unable to do so, additional charges will apply ($242 for each empty spot). You may be billed after the final payment date for room accommodations that are not quad occupancy, as necessary. Rollaway beds are not available. Rooms will be available at 4:00 pm. .
Do you have any travel tips for people flying to SLU 201?
How do I get from the airport to the hotel at SLU 201?
Students will not be met at the airport. You must make transportation arrangements to and from the hotel. We recommend arriving at the hotel by 4:00 pm so you can check-in with us and get settled before SLU 201 kicks off.
- Metro: The hotel has lobby access to the Crystal City Metro stop. Please note that there are TWO Marriott Hotels in Crystal City so it is important you go to the Gateway Marriott. When you come out of the metro and see the two doors that say Marriott, take the door on the right.
- Taxi/Cab/Uber: The estimated fare for a taxi from Reagan National (DCA) is approx. $10 or Taxi/ Cab and Uber is slightly less than this.
- Hotel Shuttle: The hotel has a complimentary 12 passenger shuttle that runs every 20 minutes from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM. The shuttle picks up at ground transportation. Look for the Crystal City Gateway Marriott shuttle. Because we have over 900 people coming in for SLU 201 (most of which are flying), the hotel cannot guarantee transportation for all attendees in a timely manner so SLU recommends participants consider one of the first two options.
What is the cancellation policy for SLU 201?
Regardless of reason, cancellations and transfers cost Student Leadership University. To offset these costs, the following fees will apply. In fairness to others, we cannot make exceptions.
- 45 days or more before the conference: Deposit will be lost. (Deposit may be transferred to a new attendee for the current year and same program but cannot be transferred to anyone currently registered.)
- 30-44 days before the conference: 50% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
- Less than 30 days before departure: 100% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
Transfer Policy: (you may replace current attendee with a new attendee for the same program)
- 15 days or more before the conference: No transfer fee
- Less than 15 days before conference: Transfers will incur a $10 fee
Please note: If circumstances regionally or globally necessitate a transition from a live event, the SLU team will communicate whether this event will be transitioned to a virtual event, rescheduled, or cancelled. In this circumstance, the event deposit is still non-refundable.
To cancel or transfer a registration, please email email@example.com.