Leadership Begins at the Feet of Jesus. The final step of the SLU journey begins at the birthplace of our faith. After you walk through Scripture at SLU 401, in the footsteps of the most incredible servant leader and teacher our world has ever known, you will never read the Bible the same way again. Not only is faith brought to life but you will better understand your role in God’s redemptive story and that true leadership begins at the feet of Jesus.
June 4 - 13, 2022
- Mount Carmel
- Garden of Gethsemane
- Sea of Galilee
- Mount of the Beatitudes
- Mt. Nebo
Follow the early life of Christ as you journey through the streets of Bethlehem and Nazareth
Learn to face life’s storms while sailing the Sea of Galilee
Kneel in prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane
Stand strong in the face of the world while walking the Via Dolorosa
Take communion outside the door of the empty tomb after seeing Calvary
Write your role in God’s redemptive story, and learn to lead like Jesus
SLU 401 2022 Pricing- PENDING
: Final Pricing is determined by flights and touring cost that is secured by mid-September. To give attendees an idea of pricing so you can begin fundraising and saving now, SLU 401 pricing is typically within a $300 range of the previous year. In 2020, pricing for SLU 401 was as follows:
- : SLU typically offers 1 to 2 flight options per year. Last year we offered flights out of Newark ($1290 & $1415) and JFK ($1495) and 2020 flight costs are noted in parenthesis.
Student/ Chaperone/ Adult Price
Base Price (flight not included)
- DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT INFORMATION: A deposit of $350 is due at the time of registration and the remaining balance of this trip is due March 8, 2022.
- TRAVEL PROTECTION: We strongly recommend that everyone have travel protection for this trip. Travel protection can be purchased for an additional cost based on conference rate directly through Travel Insured through the link on the Travel Protection Page.
- GROUP REGISTRATION: Due to additional details needed for international trips (like passports, etc.), registration for SLU 401 through our online system is only set up for individual and family registrations. If you would prefer to register as a group, please see our FAQs below to get the details needed to set up a group registration.
Contact an Event Representative
What are the requirements to attend SLU 401?
Before Attending SLU 401: Typically, all attendees under the age of 18 must have completed the SLU 101, SLU 201, and SLU 301 program before attending SLU 401. Special for 2021 only due to travel restrictions to the UK because of COVID-19, we are allowing students to do SLU 301 and SLU 401 in reverse order and complete SLU 401 this summer and SLU 301 in 2022. We also recommend spreading the experiences out and not completing them in the same summers when possible. Chaperones must be 18 or older to attend.
Age Requirements: There is not an age limit on SLU 401 attendees. The only requirement is that a student who is under 17 must attend with an adult chaperone. Many students attend while they are in college or have graduated, and other students attend with an adult family member.
Families are Welcome! We encourage adult family members to take the opportunity to attend SLU 401 with their students. Siblings may attend if they are over 18, as we do not accept students under the age of 18 who have not attended SLU 101, SLU 201, and SLU 301. Please know that we will do a lot of walking and this trip is physically demanding. Please be prepared to participate in 100% of the experience as an adult chaperone.
Do I need a COVID-19 Vaccine for entry to Israel?
Entry requirements for countries are constantly updated due to regulations surrounding COVID-19. It is believed that a COVID-19 vaccine will be required for entry into Israel. You are signing up for this trip knowing that is a possibility. If you are unable to receive a vaccine before the trip, you will still be subject to the terms of the cancellation policy. Any updates to entry requirements will be communicated to all registered attendees.
Can families or parents travel to 401 with their students?
SLU encourages families and parents to travel together on our international trips. These trips are life transforming and are a wonderful way to build memories together as well as for you and your children to grow together in faith and in setting goals for the future. We do not accept students under the age of 18 who have not attended SLU 101, 201, 301. Parents who enroll in 401 must agree to abide by the same rules and schedule as all other 401 participants. Parents, families or friends may not come to "part" of the SLU 401 experience, but they can enroll as full participants.
Can I book my own flight to SLU 401?
Yes, you may book your own flight, but it is your responsibility to meet up with the group on July 18, 2021. If you have flight delays or are unable to meet the group at the scheduled time, travel arrangements and costs associated with meeting up with the group will be your responsibility. You will be sent a contact number one month before the trip in case you need to reach someone on July 19, 2021.
Do you have recommendations on how to book our domestic flights?
For groups needing assistance making flight arrangements, SLU recommends contacting Go Travel Company. Ask for Kathy Nau at 800-800-7703 ext 116 or Kathyn@gotravelorlando.com. With over thirty years experience in the industry, Kathy is a great resource in helping groups find affordable flights.
How are people roomed together at SLU 401?
Rooms are double occupancy, but you may also select to have a room by yourself for an additional charge of $875. You may request a roommate by completing the Rooming List under the Important Information section of your online account.
What about possible travel security issues?
Remember that SLU doesn't send your child on these trips; we take your child. We would never risk your child's safety or our own. We actively watch for updates from the government on security issues or concerns. In order to assist with security issues, we ask all students to sign a moral code of conduct indicating that they will not leave the hotel or group at any time. Should there be a major security issue, the government will alert the public and the airlines will respond accordingly. All travelers should consider registering at https://step.state.gov/step/ through the US Department of State as it allows them to better assist you should an emergency arise either at home or abroad.
What is the payment schedule and my payment options for SLU 401?
A $350 deposit is due at the time of registration, and the remaining balance is due on May 7, 2021. Any registration not paid in full by this day will incur a $25 late fee. You have the following options for your registration payments:
- Paper Checks: You can mail these to our office (SLU, 7380 West Sand Lake Road, Suite 500, Orlando, FL 32819). Checks must be received within ten days of registration.
- Credit Cards: You can use AMEX, VISA, MC, or Discover. A 3% transaction fee will be added to any credit card payments.
What is the cancellation or change policy for SLU 401?
Regardless of reason, cancellations and transfers cost Student Leadership University. To offset these costs, the following fees will apply.
- 120 days or more before departure: Deposit plus the cost of travel protection (if purchased) will be lost (Deposit may be transferred to new registration for current year and same program but cannot transfer to anyone currently registered)
- 91-119 days before departure: 30% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited
- 61-90 days before departure: 50% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited
- 0-60 days before departure: 100% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited
Transfers or Changes to Accounts:
- 120 days before departure: no transfer fee
- 61-119 days before departure: $50 plus the cost of the airline ticket change (if airline allows change)
- 14-60 before departure: $100 plus cost of the airline ticket change (if airline allows change)
- 13 days and under before departure: transfer may not be possible due to VISAs and airline ticket regulations. If a transfer is possible, all costs incurred by SLU will be transferred to the attendee.
All monies are due 90 days before departure. Any registration not paid in full by this day will incur a $25 late fee.
Please note: If circumstances regionally or globally necessitate a transition from a live event, the SLU team will communicate whether this event will be transitioned to a virtual event, rescheduled, or cancelled. In this circumstance, the event deposit is still non-refundable.
To cancel or transfer a registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I need to submit before I can attend SLU 401?
- Click here to view the complete conference checklist and see below for a summary of what is due and when.
120 days before departure
- Your passport information and completed attendee Information
90 days prior to departure
- Final payment and Rooming List
- Dietary Restrictions
- Domestic Flight Information
- If you booked your international flight separately, this information is due.
What about travel protection for SLU 401?
We at SLU highly recommend everyone get travel protection. We have had students cancel the day or week before due to illness or family emergency and lose their entire amount of money they have invested in this experience. Travel protection must be purchased through the portal before the final payment deadline for the trip or before you make the final payment for the trip (whichever date comes first); you cannot add it after this date. You may find out more about travel protection information via the link below.
Do I need a Passport or VISA for SLU 401?
Passport: Everyone registered for SLU 401 will need a passport. The passport must be valid for six months after the completion of the trip. You will need to submit your passport number 120 days prior to your trip so we recommend you apply for your passport immediately if you do not have one. To enter your passport information- login to your account, select registration and then select edit attendee.
Visa: US passport holders are not currently required to obtain a VISA before traveling to Israel. If you will be traveling to SLU 401 with a passport from another country than the US, it is your responsibility to confirm the specific requirements regarding the passport you hold and obtain a VISA or additional documents in advance if necessary.