MAY 14TH UPDATE
Dear 201 Families and Leaders:
We appreciate you all sticking with us as we continue to assess the best course of action for SLU 201 for this summer. We have waited to make a call on our this until we had a clearer picture of whether a mass gathering of this size would be possible, feasible, and wise for July. As of today, we do not foresee that SLU 201 will be able to continue as a LIVE, in person event. However, as we have discussed with you earlier, our team has been working hard on the SLU 201 Reimagined experience, and as of today we are officially transitioning to this format for this coming July. I have included the information below regarding this as well as the options you have for your group and deadlines to make your decisions by.
SLU 201 Reimagined Information:
First of all, SLU Reimagined is not just a “virtual” conference. In other words, this experience isn’t sessions simply transitioned to a screen where a student will watch someone teach for hours upon hours while filling out a syllabus. We’ve gone into the lab and invented an entirely different experience that is a three-day conference involving three components: A customized SLU Journey Box, a Highly Engaging Virtual Platform, and a Communal Spirit. SLU Reimagined will provide students with the same leadership principles, taught by incredible thought leaders and will be presented in a creative and interactive way to ensure engagement and a hefty dose of fun!
We realize that students will miss being at a LIVE event (we will, too), but we believe that this time presents us with an opportunity to still be together, especially when so many camps and events have had to cancel their summer events. Below are the details for you to consider as you choose the best option for your group/family.
- Transfer to SLU 201 Reimagined 2020: Transfer your current registration to our SLU 201 Reimagined experience- July 13-15, 2020. SLU 201 Reimagined is $275 and can be experienced from the safety of your home. If you have paid more, we will reimburse you the difference. The great part about this is that this option gives you a savings of over $650 that can be saved in preparation for your SLU 301 journey.
- Transfer to SLU 201 2021: Transfer your existing registration and monies paid (minus transaction fees) to SLU 201, 2021 which is scheduled for July 12-16, 2021. Please note, that the balance due will be based upon the 2021 prices and the payment schedule will follow the 2021 dates. If you make this transfer and then are unable to attend in 2021, your deposit will be non-refundable.
- Cancel: Due to the options listed above, if you choose to simply cancel your registration for summer 2020, you will lose your non-refundable deposit as we have already paid monies for costs that cannot be recuperated at this time.
- Get Creative: Create a combination of the above options. In other words, if you have more than one person registered in your group, you can move part of your registration to a 2020 Reimagined event, part to the summer of 2021 and cancel any that are unable to attend either.
- Please email our team at email@example.com by May 29th the decision on what is best for your existing registrations, and we will work with you to update your account.
- Any new registrations can be added up until the registration deadline of June 13th. We have heard from many of you that if we moved to this format it would give you the opportunity to include some students in the SLU 201 experience that could not otherwise afford it. We are glad to have them join us even if they were not included in your original registration.
Though our SLU summer will look different this year, our dedication and relentless pursuit to provide students with a leadership experience that will equip and prepare them to lead fearlessly in the days ahead remains constant. We are grateful for your trust in us and for the years of partnership. We count it a huge privilege to come alongside your vision for equipping students to impact and influence their culture in the name of Jesus.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team. Our direct office number is 407-248-0300 ext. 20.