May 14th Update
SLU 101 Group Leaders and Families:
We appreciate you all sticking with us as we continue to assess the best course of action for SLU 101 for this summer. We have waited to make a call on our SLU 101 July programs until we had a clearer picture of whether a mass gathering would be possible, feasible, and wise. As of today, we do not foresee that SLU 101 will be able to continue as a live, in person event. However, as we have discussed with you earlier, our team has been working hard on the SLU 101 Reimagined experience and as of today we are officially transitioning to this format for this coming July. I have included the information below regarding this as well as the options you have for your group and deadlines to make your decisions by.
SLU 101 Reimagined Information:
First of all, SLU Reimagined is not just a “virtual” conference. In other words, this experience isn’t sessions simply transitioned to a screen where a student will watch someone teach for hours upon hours while filling out a syllabus. We’ve gone into the lab and invented an entirely different experience that is a three-day conference involving three components: A customized SLU Journey Box, a Highly Engaging Virtual Platform, and a Communal Spirit. SLU Reimagined will provide students with the same leadership principles, taught by incredible thought leaders and presented in a creative and interactive way to ensure engagement and a hefty dose of fun!
We realize that students will miss being at a live event (we will, too), but we believe that this time presents us with an opportunity to still be together, especially when so many camps and events have had to cancel their summer events. Below are the details for you to consider as you choose the best option for your group/family.
Transfer your current registration to one of our SLU 101 Reimagined virtual options. The dates are below. SLU 101 Reimagined is $200. If you have paid more, we will reimburse you the difference. The great part about this is that this option gives you a savings of over $400 that can be saved in preparation for your SLU 201 journey.
- SLU 101 Reimagined Virtual Week 3 – July 6-8 – Deadline for New Registrations June 6th
- SLU 101 Reimagined Virtual Week 4 – July 20-22 – Deadline for New Registrations is June 20th
Please note - we have Reimagined Weeks in June, but the registration deadline for these are rapidly approaching. You can select these options for your groups, but you must make your decision by the deadline below if these weeks are a preference for you:
- SLU 101 Reimagined Week 1 – Deadline is May 15
- SLU 101 Reimagined Week 2 – Deadline is May 22
- Transfer your existing registration and monies paid for any week in summer 2020 (minus transaction fees) to the corresponding week in the summer of 2021. Please note that the balance due will be based upon the 2021 prices and the payment schedule will follow the 2021 dates. If you make this transfer and then are unable to attend in 2021, your deposit will be non-refundable.
- Due to the options listed above, if you choose to simply cancel your registration for summer 2020, you will lose your deposit as we have already paid monies out and cannot obtain a refund of the monies we have already spent.
- Create a combination of the above options. In other words, if you have more than one person registered, you can move part of your registration to a 2020 Reimagined event, part to the summer of 2021 and cancel any that are unable to attend.
- Please email our team at email@example.com by May 29th the decision on what is best for your existing registrations, and we will work with you to make the applicable changes.
- Any new registrations can be added up to 30 days before the program at the deadlines noted above.
Though our SLU summer will look different this year, our dedication and relentless pursuit to provide students with a leadership experience that will equip and prepare them to lead fearlessly in the days ahead remains constant. We are grateful for your trust in us and for the years of partnership. We count it a huge privilege to come alongside your vision for equipping students to impact and influence their culture in the name of Jesus.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our team. Our direct office number is 407-248-0300 ext. 20.