In the final step of the journey, students travel to Israel and Jordan where it all began, connecting with the life of Christ and understanding their role in God’s redemptive story of the world. Not only is faith brought to life as students walk in the steps of Jesus, but students learn that true leadership begins at the feet of Jesus, living in strength, humility, wisdom and with the selfless heart of a servant while seeking to have an eternal impact on earth.
June 8 - 17, 2019
- Garden of Gethsemane
- Sea of Galilee
- Mount of the Beatitudes
- Mt. Nebo
Lead with humility while standing in a manger in Bethlehem
Follow Christ through the streets of Nazareth
Learn to face life’s storms while sailing the Sea of Galilee
Kneel in prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane
Stand strong in the face of the world while walking the Via Dolorosa
Take communion outside the door of the empty tomb after seeing Calvary
Write your role in God’s redemptive story.
Learn to lead like Jesus
SLU 401 2019 Pricing
Student Price/ Chaperone/ Parent Price
Base Price (flight not included)
Check back soon!
Round Trip Airfare from JFK (FIRST 50)
Check back soon!
Round Trip Airfare from JFK (NEXT 25)
Check back soon!
- DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT INFORMATION: More information coming soon.
- TRAVEL PROTECTION: We strongly recommend that everyone have travel protection for this trip. Travel protection can be purchased for an additional cost based on conference rate and must be selected at time of registration.
- GROUP REGISTRATION: Due to additional details needed for international trips (like passports, etc.), registration for SLU 401 through our online system is only set up for individual and family registrations. If you would prefer to register as a group, please see our FAQs below to get the details needed to set up a group registration.
Contact an Event Representative
Are their age limits to attend SLU 401?
No there is not an age limit on SLU 401 attendees. The only requirement is that a student who is under 17 must attend with an adult chaperone. Many students attend while they are in college or have graduated, other students attend with an adult family member.
We also encourage adult family members to take the opportunity to attend SLU 401 with their students. Please know that we will do a lot of walking and this trip is physically demanding. Please be prepared to participate in 100% of the experience as an adult chaperone.
Can I book my own flight to SLU 401?
Yes, you may book your own flight, but it is your responsibility to meet up with the group on June 10, 2018. If you have flight delays or are unable to meet the group at the scheduled time, travel arrangements and costs associated with meeting up with the group will be your responsibility. You will be sent a contact number one month before the trip in case you need to reach someone on June 10th.
Can I deviate my flight date on the arrival or departure for SLU 401?
Our airline contract does not allow for deviation from the group. If you would like to deviate flight dates, please book your own flight and see "Is it possible to book my own flight?"
Can families or parents travel to 401 with their students?
SLU encourages families and parents to travel together to our international trips. These trips are life transforming and are a wonderful way to build memories together as well as for you and your children to grow together in faith and in setting goals for the future. We do not accept students under the age of 18 who have not attended SLU 101, 201, 301. Parents who enroll in 401 must agree to abide by the same rules and schedule as all other 401 participants. Parents, families or friends may not come to "part" of the SLU 401 experience, but they can enroll as full participants.
Do I need a passport for SLU 401?
Everyone registered for SLU 401 will need a passport. The passport must be valid for six months after the completion of the trip. For how and where to apply, go to http://travel.state.gov/passport. You will need to submit your passport number 120 days prior to your trip. To enter your passport information- login to your account, select registration & then select edit attendee.
Do you have recommendations on how to book our domestic flights?
For groups needing assistance making flight arrangements, SLU recommends contacting Go Travel Company. Ask for Kathy Nau at 800-800-7703 ext 116 or Kathyn@gotravelorlando.com. With over thirty years experience in the industry, Kathy is a great resource in helping groups find affordable flights.
How are people roomed together at SLU 401?
Rooms are double occupancy, but you may also select to have a room by yourself for an additional charge of $750. You may request a roommate by completing the Rooming List under the Important Information section of your online account.
What about possible travel security issues?
Remember that SLU doesn't send your child on these trips; we take your child. We would never risk your child's safety or our own. We actively watch for updates from the government on security issues or concerns. In order to assist with security issues, we ask all students to sign a moral code of conduct indicating that they will not leave the hotel or group at any time. Should there be a major security issue, the government will alert the public and the airlines will respond accordingly. All travelers should consider registering at https://step.state.gov/step/ through the US Department of State as it allows them to better assist you should an emergency arise either at home or abroad.
What about travel protection for SLU 401?
We have had students cancel the day or week before due to illness or family emergency and lose their entire amount. You can purchase travel protection at registration through our website. YOU CANNOT ADD THIS OPTION AT A LATER DATE. You may find out more about travel protection information in your online account or via the link below. Also, check with your homeowner's insurance company before leaving and ask what the procedure is for overseas medical care and what is covered on your policy.
We strongly recommend that you purchase travel protection as SLU prepays all hotels, meals, transportation, etc. 45 to 120 days before you attend the conference. We are unable to issue refunds unless otherwise noted by the terms and conditions during registration. Select the link below to find out more about travel protection.
What do I need to submit before I can attend SLU 401?
- Your passport information- 120 days before departure.
- Completed attendee information- 120 days before departure.
- Final payment- 90 days prior to departure.
- Rooming list- 90 days prior to departure.
- Dietary restrictions- 90 days prior to departure.
- Domestic flight information- 90 days prior to departure.
- If you booked your international flight separately from SLU, this information is due- 90 days prior to departure.
What is the cancellation or change policy for SLU 401?
Regardless of reason, cancellations and transfers cost Student Leadership University. To offset these costs, the following fees will apply.
- 120 days or more before departure: Deposit will be lost
- 91-119 days before departure: 30% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited
- 61-90 days before departure: 50% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited
- 0-60 days before departure: 100% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited
Transfers or Changes to Accounts:
- 120 days before departure: no transfer fee
- 61-119 days before departure: $50 plus the cost of the airline ticket change (if airline allows change)
- 14-60 before departure: $100 plus cost of the airline ticket change (if airline allows change)
- 13 days and under before departure: transfer may not be possible due to VISAs and airline ticket regulations. If a transfer is possible, all costs incurred by SLU will be transferred to the attendee.
All monies are due 90 days before departure. Any registration not paid in full by this day will incur a $25 late fee.
What is the payment schedule and my payment options for SLU 401?
A $350 deposit is due at the time of registration, and the remaining balance is due on March 12, 2018. Any registration not paid in full by this day will incur a $25 late fee. You have the following options for your registration payments:
- Paper Checks: You can mail these to our office (SLU, PO Box 649, Keller, TX 76244). Checks must be received within ten days of registration.
- Electronic Checks: You can do this through your online account.
- Credit Cards: You can use AMEX, VISA, MC, or Discover. A 3% transaction fee will be added to any credit card payments.