Shape your students' future through the ultimate experience at SLU 101! Your students will begin their leadership journey by understanding that Leadership Begins at the Feet of Jesus. From behind the scenes at SeaWorld to world-class speakers in exclusive learning environments, SLU 101 teaches your students the practical, relational, and life skills to change the way they think, dream, and lead!
July 8 - 11, 2019
- Sea World
- Universal Studios
- Islands of Adventures
- All-Inclusive 4-Day/3-Night Stay in a Business Hotel
- Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Experiences at Sea World
- Rules and Tools of Leadership from World-Class Communicators
- Worldview Development from Leading Christian Apologists
- An Afternoon of Roller Coasters at Renowned Theme Parks
- Business Leadership Lessons from Top Level Executives
- Personality Assessment and Time and Goal Management
|Groups:||Singles or Individuals:|
|By Nov. 16:||$599||$629|
|By March 22:||$645||$675|
|By May 17:||$679||$705|
|After May 17:||$699||$729|
|Please note that a deposit of $100 is due at the time of registration. One comp registration for each 11 paid attendees. Pricing is based on 4 persons per room. Rooms with less than 4 persons will be charged a rooming fee of $89 for each empty spot.|
Travel protection can be purchased for an additional cost based on conference rate and must be selected at time of registration.
The registration price includes all meals, session materials, rooming and lodging, and transportation upon arrival to and departure from the hotel. Students must stay onsite at the hotel in order to participate.
With every 11 registered in your group, the 12th is FREE!
Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld | 10100 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32821
Contact an Event Representative
Do I need to bring a Medical Release Form?
GROUPS: Group leaders must bring a medical release form for any minors attending without a parent/guardian and keep those forms with you at all times during the program. Medical release forms must empower your group leader (not SLU) to authorize medical treatment for the students you are bringing to the program.
SINGLES: Any student attending without a chaperone must complete the SLU Medical Release Form during the online registration process.
How are students roomed together at SLU 101?
As part of the registration process, both groups and individuals must submit a rooming list no later than 45 days before the program.
Tuition rates are based on four people sharing a room. If you are unable to fill a room completely, you may request that SLU fill those empty spots with another student(s). If SLU is unable to fill the room, additional charges will apply ($89 per empty spot). You may be billed for this after the final payment date, as necessary. Rollaway beds are not available.
SLU will automatically place you in a room with up to three other student attendees of the same gender based on the following guidelines:
- Rooms may not be co-ed unless both attendees are members of the same family.
- One individual student under 18 cannot be in a room by themselves.
- SLU will not room an under-18 student with anyone over 18 if they are not from the same group.
I am driving to SLU 101. Do I need to pay for parking?
Self-parking is complimentary for the SLU group. You should plan on parking your vehicle and not using it till the last SLU session is completed.
I am flying to SLU 101. Is transportation provided to/from the airport?
Groups are responsible for their own transportation between the airport and the hotel. Once you arrive at the hotel, transportation to/from the parks is included with the conference registration.
For singles/individuals, an SLU team member will meet students at the baggage claim areas for the respective airlines on which they are flying. For this purpose, flight information has be submitted to SLU by the deadline. Due to TSA regulations, we are unable to meet students at the gate. We are not able to accept unaccompanied minors flying on any airline. Students will be put on a commercial shuttle service or a taxi with other program participants and will be transported to the program hotel. At the end of the week at approximately 1:00pm, students will be put on a commercial shuttle service or a taxi with other program participants and transported back to the airport.
What about travel protection for SLU 101?
We strongly recommend that you purchase trip protection as SLU prepays all hotels, meals, transportation, etc., 30 to 120 days before the conference. Therefore, we cannot pass a refund on to you other than as noted on the registration page. Click here for more information on travel protection. Travel protection must be added with the initial registration and cannot be added at a later date. Names of individuals purchasing travel protection must be provided at registration.
What are the age requirements for SLU 101?
To attend as a single, a student must be at least 15 years old. To attend with a group, students should be at least 14 years old or going into 8th grade.
What do I do when I arrive at the hotel on Day 1 of SLU 101?
Registration is from 1:00pm-3:00pm on Day One. You will check in at the SLU table to pick up both your room keys and conference materials. You will need to print and bring a signed Participant Waiver and Info Form for every student and adult attending the conference. The form for any attendee under the age of 18 requires a parent signature. (Click here to print the form or find online under “Important Documents” in your account.)
Please note that hotel rooms are not guaranteed to be available until 3:00pm.
What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
If you have special dietary restrictions or food allergies, they should be submitted to SLU no later than 45 days before the program begins. If something comes up after registration, you can update your registration information up to 15 days before the program begins. Please be sure to offer specifics on what you cannot eat and what can be substituted. We will make every effort to accommodate, but there may be certain times when this is not possible. We strongly recommend that you bring prepared foods or snacks with you that are compliant with your dietary needs.
What is the cancellation policy for SLU 101?
- 45 days or more before the conference: Deposit will be lost. (Deposit may be transferred to a new attendee for the current year and same program but cannot be transferred to anyone currently registered.)
- 30-44 days before the conference: 50% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
- Less than 30 days before departure: 100% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
Transfer Policy: (you may replace current attendee with a new attendee for the same program)
- 15 days or more before the conference: No transfer fee
- Less than 15 days before conference: Transfers will incur a $10 fee
What is the difference between a Group vs. Singles at SLU 101?
A group means there is at least one adult chaperone attending the conference with a student.
Singles are students attending without an adult. These students will be assigned an SLU team member, who serves as their chaperone for the week.
What is the dress code for SLU 101?
As we train young leaders, we want them to grasp the importance of dressing appropriately for the environment and maintaining an appearance that honors Christ. Thus we have established a few guidelines for your time at SLU 101:
- Shirts should fully cover the front, back, and sides. Any sleeveless shirts should have a strap at least "3 fingers" width across. No spaghetti straps, racerback tops, or tanks with oversized armholes should be worn.
- Any shorts (including athletic shorts) should be at least "fingertip" or "mid-thigh" length, whichever is most modest or virtuous as we strive to honor Christ in this aspect of our lives. Additionally, skirts or dresses should come to no more than 4 inches above the knee.
The dress code applies to all parts of the conference experience--sessions, meals, parks, etc. and applies to both students and adult leaders. If anyone chooses to dress outside these guidelines, you may be asked to change by an SLU Staff member.
What is the payment schedule and what payment options are available?
A $100 deposit is due at the time of registration, and the remaining balance is due 45 days before the program begins. Any registration not paid in full by this day will incur a $25 late fee. You have the following options for your registration payments:
- Paper Checks: You can mail these to our office (SLU, PO Box 649, Keller, TX 76244). Checks must be received within ten days of registration.
- Electronic Checks: You can do this through your online account.
- Credit Cards: You can use AMEX, VISA, MC, or Discover. A 3% transaction fee will be added to any credit card payments.
What should I bring to SLU 101?
- Your Bible,
- Personal hygiene items
- Clothes (see Dress Code)
- Spending money for resource table/snacks/souvenirs.