Shape your students' future through the ultimate experience at SLU 101! Your students will begin their leadership journey by understanding that Leadership Begins at the Feet of Jesus. From behind the scenes at SeaWorld to world-class speakers in exclusive learning environments, SLU 101 teaches your students the practical, relational, and life skills to change the way they think, dream, and lead!
July 11 - 14, 2017
- Sea World
- Universal Studios
- Islands of Adventures
- All-Inclusive 4-Day/3-Night Stay in a Business Hotel
- Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Experiences at Sea World
- Rules and Tools of Leadership from World-Class Communicators
- Worldview Development from Leading Christian Apologists
- An Afternoon of Roller Coasters at Renowned Theme Parks
- Business Leadership Lessons from Top Level Executives
- Personality Assessment and Time and Goal Management
|Groups:||Singles or Individuals:|
|By Nov. 11:||$599||$629|
|By Mar. 10:||$620||$650|
|By May 19:||$649||$679|
|After May 19:||$694||$724|
|Please note that a deposit of $100 is due at the time of registration. One comp registration for each 11 paid attendees. Pricing is based on 4 persons per room. Rooms with less than 4 persons will be charged a rooming fee of $79 for each empty spot.|
Travel protection can be purchased for an additional cost based on conference rate and must be selected at time of registration.
The registration price includes all meals, session materials, rooming and lodging, and transportation upon arrival to and departure from the hotel. Students must stay onsite at the hotel in order to participate.
With every 11 registered in your group, the 12th is FREE!
Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld | 10100 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32821
How are students roomed together at SLU 101?
As part of the registration process, you will submit a rooming list no later than 45 days before the conference. If you are attending by yourself, SLU will do our best to place you in a room with other SLU students of the same gender and similar age. Rooms may not be co-ed unless members of the same family. One individual student under 18 cannot be in room by themselves.
Tuition rates are based on four people sharing a room. If you are unable to fill a room completely and SLU is unable to do so, additional charges will apply. You may be billed after the final payment date for room accommodations that are not quad occupancy. Rollaway beds are not available.
I'm an adult, can I stay at the hotel but not attend SLU 101?
Sure! On the rooming list, make sure you include your name and that you are not attending the conference. Although you will be staying in a room, we will price your stay like an empty bed spot or extra room charge.
Is transportation included for SLU 101?
The conference includes all travel during the program week, but it does not include transportation to/from the conference.
Groups: It is your responsibility to arrange for your own transportation to and from the hotel. If you are driving, plan on parking your vehicle and not using it until the last SLU session is completed. Please verify parking fees with the hotel property for the conference you are attending.
Singles: If you are flying, an SLU team member will meet you at baggage claim and place you on a shuttle to the conference hotel. We are not able to accept unaccompanied minors flying on any airline. At the end of the program, approximately 1:00pm, students will be put on a shuttle with other program participants and transported back to the airport.
What about travel protection for SLU 101?
We strongly recommend that you purchase travel protection as SLU prepays all hotels, meals, transportation, etc., 30 to 120 days before you attend the conference. Therefore, we cannot pass a refund on to you other than as noted on the registration page. Click here for more information on travel protection.
We encourage all participants to purchase Travel Protection at the time of registration. Names of individuals who would like to purchase travel protection must be provided at registration.
What are the age requirements for SLU 101?
To attend as a single, a student must be at least 15 years old. To attend with a group, students should be at least 14 years old or going into 8th grade.
What do I do when I arrive at the hotel on Day 1 of SLU 101?
Registration is from 1:00pm - 3:00pm on Day 1. You will check in at the SLU table for your room keys and conference materials. You will need to bring a signed "Participant Waiver and Info Form" for every student and adult attending the conference. The form for any attendee under the age of 18 requires a parent signature. Please note that hotel rooms are not guaranteed to be available until 3:00pm.
What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
If you have special dietary restrictions or food allergies, they should be submitted to SLU no later than 45 days before the program begins. If something comes up after registration, you can update your registration information up to 15 days before the program begins. Please be sure to offer specifics on what you cannot eat and what can be substituted. We will make every effort to accommodate, but there may be certain times when this is not possible. We strongly recommend that you bring prepared foods or snacks with you that are compliant with your dietary needs.
What is the cancellation policy for SLU 101?
- 45 days or more before the conference: Deposit will be lost. (Deposit may be transferred to a new attendee for the current year and same program but cannot be transferred to anyone currently registered.)
- 30-44 days before the conference: 50% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
- Less than 30 days before departure: 100% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
Transfer Policy: (you may replace current attendee with a new attendee for the same program)
- 15 days or more before the conference: No transfer fee
- Less than 15 days before conference: Transfers will incur a $10 fee
What is the difference between a Group vs. Singles at SLU 101?
A group means there is an adult chaperone attending the conference with a student. Singles or Individuals are students attending without an adult. Singles will be assigned an SLU team member, who serves as their chaperone for the week.
What is the dress code for SLU 101?
As we train young leaders, we want them to grasp the importance of dressing appropriately for the environment and maintaining an appearance that honors Christ. Thus we have established a few guidelines for your time at SLU 101:
- Shirts should fully cover the front, back, and sides. Any sleeveless shirts should have a strap at least "3 fingers" width across. No spaghetti straps, racerback tops, or tanks with oversized arm holes should be worn.
- Any shorts, skirts, or dresses should come to no more than 2-4 inches above the knee.
- It is often cold in the conference room, so you may want to pack a sweatshirt/light jacket for sessions.
The dress code applies to all parts of the conference experience--sessions, meals, parks, etc.
What is the payment schedule and what payment options are available?
A $100 deposit is due at the time of registration, and the remaining balance is due 45 days before the program begins. Any registration not paid in full by this day will incur a $25 late fee. You have the following options for your registration payments:
- Paper Checks: You can mail these to our office (SLU, PO Box 649, Keller, TX 76244). Checks must be received within ten days of registration.
- Electronic Checks: You can do this through your online account.
- Credit Cards: You can use AMEX, VISA, MC, or Discover. A 3% transaction fee will be added to any credit card payments.
What should I bring to SLU 101?
Your Bible, personal hygiene items, clothes (see Dress Code), & spending money for resource table/snacks/souvenirs.
Group leaders: Please bring a medical release form for any minors attending without a parent/guardian and keep them with you at all times during the program. Medical release forms must empower your group leader (not SLU) to authorize medical treatment for the students you are bringing to the program.