Building on the foundation of personal leadership learned at SLU 101, SLU 201 will put you in the heart of our Washington, D.C. and equip you to lead as a citizen and catalyst for change. Experience the Nation's Capital in a way most never will. Tour the monuments by twilight, walk the hall of Congress, learn from national leaders and witness the legacy of the Founding Fathers as you discover your own role in society's future.
July 10 - 14, 2017
- National Monuments
- The Holocaust Museum
- Arlington Cemetery and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- The U.S. Capitol
- The Smithsonians
- The National Archives
- The Christ Church
- Observe and Meditate on the cost of freedom and honor at Arlington National Cemetery
- Grapple with deep questions about justice in the shadow of the Holocaust
- Learn the power of legacy while exploring our national monuments
- Watch theology and culture intersect in the hall of Congress and faith lived out in the public square
- Understand your responsibility and calling to be a citizen
|Groups:||Singles or Individuals:|
|By Nov. 11:||$929||$949|
|By Mar. 10:||$984||$1004|
|After Mar. 10:||$999||$1019|
|Please note that a deposit of $100 is due at the time of registration. Pricing is based on 4 persons per room. Rooms with less than 4 person will be charged a rooming fee of $220 per empty spot.|
Travel protection can be purchased for an additional cost based on conference rate and must be selected at time of registration.
The registration price includes all meals, session materials, rooming and lodging, and transportation upon arrival to and departure from the hotel. Students must stay onsite at the hotel in order to participate.
Crystal City Gateway Marriott
1700 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, Virginia 22202
Contact an Event Representative
How are students roomed together at SLU 201?
Tuition rates are based on four people sharing a room. If you are unable to fill a room completely and SLU is unable to do so, additional charges will apply. You may be billed after the final payment date for room accommodations that are not quad occupancy as necessary. Rollaway beds are subject to availability but cannot be guaranteed.
Rooms may not be co-ed unless members of the same family. An individual student under 18 may not room alone. Rooms will be available at 4:00 pm.
How do I get from the airport to the hotel at SLU 201?
Students will NOT be met at the airport. You must make transportation arrangements to and from the hotel. You will need to arrive at the hotel no later than 4:00pm
- Metro: The hotel has lobby access to the Crystal City Metro stop.
- Taxi/Cab: The estimated fare for a taxi from Reagan National is approx. $10.
- Boston Coach Shuttle: For over a decade now, they have partnered with SLU to provide non-stop shuttle service between Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport the Marriott Crystal Gateway at a cost of $14.00 per person each way.
- Hotel Shuttle: The hotel has a complementary 12 passenger shuttle that runs every 20 minutes from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Shuttle picks up at ground transportation. Look for the Crystal City Gateway Marriott shuttle. Because we have over 900 people coming in for SLU 201 (most of which are flying), the hotel can not guarantee transportation for all attendees in a timely manner so SLU recommends participants consider one of the first three options.
How old do I need to be to attend SLU 201?
You must be 16 years old to attend without an adult.
What about travel protection for SLU 201?
We strongly recommend that you purchase travel protection as SLU prepays all hotels, meals, transportation, etc. 45 to 120 days before you attend the conference. We are unable to issue refunds unless otherwise noted by the terms and conditions during registration. Select the link below to find out more about travel protection.
What is the cancellation policy for SLU 201?
- 45 days or more before departure: Deposit will be lost
- 30-44 days before departure: 50% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
- Less than 30 days before departure: 100% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
- 15 days or more before departure: Registration fees may be transferred to a new registration for the current year and the same program and not incur a transfer fee.
- 14 days and under before departure: All transfers to a new registration for the same program will incur a $10 transfer fee.
What is the payment schedule and what payment options are available?
A $100 deposit is due at the time of registration, and the remaining balance is due 45 days before the program begins. Any registration not paid in full by this day will incur a $25 late fee. You have the following options for your registration payments:
- Paper Checks: You can mail these to our office (SLU, PO Box 649, Keller, TX 76244). Checks must be received within ten days of registration.
- Electronic Checks: You can do this through your online account.
- Credit Cards: You can use AMEX, VISA, MC, or Discover. A 3% transaction fee will be added to any credit card payments.