LIFT TOUR 2019 THEME: "MOMENTS"
God has granted us a gift that is infinitely valuable: life. And with this life, He invites us to take part in a grand adventure, a journey that has no comparison. Following Jesus is all about sojourning well through this broken world until, finally, we cross over from this life to eternal life and arrive on the shores of the heaven country. The writer of Hebrews calls us strangers and pilgrims on earth or transients in this world. This year at The LIFT Tour, our goal is to rediscover the heart of this sacred journey by retracing some of the most significant moments in the Apostle Paul’s life…and thus focusing on the most significant moments in our own lives. As the psalmist wrote, Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage (Psalm 84:5). Therefore, throughout the weekend we will identify the four most important MOMENTS in our journey:
- Salvation: The moment we reach up to Jesus
- Community: The moment we reach out to others
- Calling: The moment we reach in to use our gifts
- Home: The moment we reach home to the heaven country
- 7979 Willow Chase Boulevard Houston, Texas 77070 USA
- $109 before tax for Single and Doubles All reservations must be made through this link unless you do not have an internet connection. In this instance you may call me directly to book a reservation. By booking a reservation inside your team block you agree to the following conditions: * All rooms must be booked through group link. After you click on the link you will hit “continue” and then on the next page select the room type that works best for you. Continue with your private information from that point forward. * 2 Night Minimum stay required. * Breakfast is included. -Included; scrambled eggs with meat items, toast, banana, fruit juice, cereal, oatmeal, milk and coffee or tea. Tax & gratuity is included. Not Included; Any cooked to order items. * In accordance with our food and beverage license, food brought in from outside the hotel must be consumed in your guest room only. * Any reservation cancelled inside (4pm) _3_ days of arrival will be charged the full length of stay room and tax.
- January 24, 2019. Based on availability.
Are discounts available for pastors?
Each group is allowed up to two free adult registrations for the primary youth pastor + their spouse. A primary student pastor has the opportunity to attend LIFT Tour for free regardless of whether they bring a group or not. Please email email@example.com if you would like to attend LIFT and are not planning to bring a group. We would like to help you make arrangements and provide you with some more information.”
Are meals included at LIFT?
No. Meals are not included in your registration. For certain cities, we will have partners that offer box lunches for purchase on Saturday. In those cities, all group leaders will receive information by email when group lunches for order are available.
Are there special hotel options for LIFT Tour cities?
Yes, for some cities we will have posted a hotel with a discounted rate for LIFT Tour groups. You will need to contact and book the hotel rooms directly through the hotel. All payment and booking questions will go through the hotel as well. Check the website of the LIFT city that you are interested in to see if we have a group hotel option posted.
How do I bring LIFT Tour to my city?
We typically look at dates & cities 12-18 months in advance. With most LIFT Tour host sites, there are at least 10 churches that make up a network who agree to bring at least 800 students collaboratively. If you are interested in hosting the LIFT Tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much does LIFT Tour cost?
Our pricing structure is as follows:
- Early Bird: $42 per student ends August 31st
- Fall Price: $49 per student ends November 16th
- The $54 price this year will end the Friday 2 weeks before the event at end of business day.
- $59 at the door
- Adults are always $20
I have small children, can they attend with me?
We think families are great, and time together is important. Yet, this event is only for middle and high school students and their adult leaders. We want everyone to have the best experience possible at this event, so please make arrangements to leave your children at home or arrange for childcare while you serve or attend the event.
If I mail a check to pay, when does LIFT need to receive it?
We need to receive all checks within 10 business days of your registration date. Your registration will be "pending" until we receive payment. All final payment via mailing check must be received within 30 days of the event.
Is group pricing available for LIFT?
If you have more than 100 students attending, please call 407-248-0300 x12 or email email@example.com for group pricing options.
What can I expect at a LIFT Tour date?
At the LIFT Tour, there will be four Gospel-centered messages that cater to both middle and high schoolers, high energy worship, built-in, optional time for small group discussions, and a weekend experience that will inspire your students to be the best version of themselves, leaning into who God created them to be.
What is Student Leadership University?
The vision of SLU is one that is optimistically looking forward towards the goal of empowering, enabling, and equipping students around the globe to rise to the call of leadership along with training students to be able to adequately respond to the challenges presented by an increasingly pluralistic and postmodern culture. Our vision is to train up a generation of leaders who will effectively engage their world on all levels with a contagious passion for Christ in a manner that is also full of both grace and truth. Our vision is to change the world…one student at a time.
Our four cumulative experiences take students behind the scenes of Orlando or San Antonio (101), Washington D.C. (201), Europe (301) and the Holy Land (401) to learn the essence of leadership.
What is the LIFT Tour Cancellation Policy?
Regardless of any reason, cancellations and transfers cost Student Leadership University. To offset these costs, the following fees will apply. In fairness to others, we cannot make exceptions.
- 30 days or more before the event: 50% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited.
- Less than 30 days before the event: 100% of the total cost of the program will be forfeited. All registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable at 30 days out from the conference.
All monies are due at the time of registration.
All credit card payments will incur a 3% processing fee. This fee will be added to your account and automatically charged to your credit card within a week of initial payment.
What is the history of the LIFT Tour?
For over 10 years, the LIFT Tour (formerly Leadership Rocks) has provided Student Leadership University with the opportunity to influence tens of thousands of students to maximize their impact with gospel-centered preaching, worship and a focus on leadership development. The LIFT Tour provides platforms for students from across a community to gather together in a singular location from differing backgrounds, denominations, ethnic groups, churches, and schools to worship Christ and be challenged by Scripture.
What should we do for lunch with only a 40 minute break?
Lunch is not included with your registration, but we want to make it as convenient as possible for group leaders to get lunch! In most cities, we will have a restaurant that we partner with to offer a box lunch for $5-6 that will be delivered. We will send these options out by email to group leaders 2-3 weeks before the event for pre-orders. If you don't want to opt in to our box lunch, you can also bring or order your own lunch and have one of your group leaders leave to pick it up. We do suggest staying on site to eat.
What's included in the LIFT registration?
- Conference Admission for 4 Sessions
- Show or concert with the weekend artist
- Listening guide for every participant
When does LIFT registration cut off and switch to door price?
LIFT Tour registration online will be turned off at the close of business the Thursday before the event at 5:30 pm EST. After registration closes, the rate rises to the $59 door price for students. Adults are always $20.
Who is an "adult?"
Anyone over 18 years old who the church identifies as a chaperone, volunteer, or part-time/full-time staff member.
Who should come to a LIFT Tour event?
Students in middle-high school, youth pastors, youth workers, educators, and teachers. This event is designed for students 6-12th grade who are unfamiliar with church, regular church goers and those passionately pursuing their Savior.