People love it the chance to hide behind a mask; to be frightened into a helpless ball of terror; and then to be able to take it all off or walk away. Is it harmless entertainment? Probably, but for some it is also an extreme way to escape very real pain and very real fright in their own lives. When Halloween is over and the blood and gore are put back in the box, what will you be left with? Only normal, and, for some, that is the scariest word on the planet.
Know this - Everyone has a horror story of either hurting someone or being hurt. Take off the mask and dare to live a very real and exciting future.
- Dont see yourself as Walking Dead. What sets people a part is how they live in the present.
- Believe in the definition of the past as gone by in time and no longer existing. That is, I cannot change the past; but I can accept it as a gift of wisdom to impact the future.
- Stop living in excuse land. Not only can you not change the past, but also you cannot change those who were involved in the past with you. Accept responsibility and make the change.
- Face the pain; process the hurt; and practice forgiveness of yourself and those who have hurt you. Use the Scriptures on your own or with a counselor.
Write injuries in dust; benefits in marble. -Benjamin Franklin
- Go to school on your mistakes by gleaning wisdom that will make you stronger, purer and wiser.
- Focus on the future. Plan positive goals, make new friends, and hold yourself accountable for being a finisher.
- Rebuild your life and testimony. No matter how much time it takes, rebuilding is always worth the effort. And, it stands as a grand statement of who you really are.
- Your best friends shouldnt be ghosts. Work on building great relationships and see accountability as a welcome, necessary part of life.
- Set positive goals for yourself. Pray, read, study, meditate, and memorize your way into spiritual and emotional health. Just as an athlete builds up his physical body, so you must build up your spiritual life and reinforce any weak areas.
- Dont be a volunteer by putting yourself in vulnerable situations that set up for failure. When you do this, you go from VICTIM to VOLUNTEER.
If you are haunted by the mistakes of your past your will be a dead man walking, so lets train the zombies in you.
He forgives your sinsevery one.He heals your diseasesevery one.He redeems you from hellsaves your life! He crowns you with love and mercya paradise crown.He wraps you in goodnessbeauty eternal; He renews your youthyoure always young in his presence. God makes everything come out right; He puts victims back on their feet. PSALM 103:3-6